Friday, November 14, 2008

It's been such a long long time since I touched this web page, but since I'm already here, I might as well make the most use of it.

Today marks the half way point of my attachment programme. It's really amazing how time flies, and looking back on when we first started in the Gardens, I really think we all have grown outwardly as well as inwardly. I used to dislike the feeling of perspiration, and I still do now, but having gone through all the different aspects of job scopes and requirements during work, I realise how hard it is to maintain such a big place, so those little beads of water and sodium do not really matter that much, compared to all the work put in by everybody who has worked there longer than I have.
Since I'm on the topic of people working there, I'm really glad to have worked with the supervisors so far. They have really been a lot of help to me, and a lot of information has been drained out of them due to all our questioning and curiosity, and sometimes just plain ignorance, hahaha *Guilty*. They are actually more fun than I expected, they are just like any of us, wanting to relax at times, play around, make a fool of ourselves, they can be fun, crazy, lame, funny and insane all at any one time. All I can say is that I'm very happy to learn from these bosses.
Let's not forget the 60 plus contract workers who work their guts out to earn money, only to send it back to their families back in their home country. These guys are actually the backbone of the Gardens as well because they are literally the hands and feet which allows the Gardens to function properly, without them, heavy work and mundane tasks cannot be done efficiently. I really salute all of them (even though I don't know all of them yet). They are also really funny, caring and basically good-natured people, and despite the communication breakdown, it's comforting to know that they are working for genuine purposes and doing it so well.

I know, I know, a lot of words in this post, but it's really satisfying to know that half of the attachement is history, and a lot of friends have been made throughout this short period. It might sound weird, but I can stay at home playing my computer games everyday and become really good at playing, but I find that by working during these 3 months was really enjoyable, and the fun is only half-enjoyed. There is still 3 more months to go, a lot more things to learn, more ropes to grapple and of course more reports to write as well, hahahahaha. =X

Ah well, let's just enjoy the weekends and rest up for the next upcoming week shall we?

~moey out~