Saturday, November 28, 2009

Friends of old


-taken during my Malacca trip in June '08

I met two group of friends today, both of which I have not met most of them in a really long time. The early morning was spent at the Botanic Gardens(of course) with my previous cell group. Just sitting on the border of Palm Valley, gathered together worshipping God. A simple yet enjoyable moment in such a really long time. Even though I was the only guy(yes, the rose among the thorns =P), it was just great to bond with my sisters in Christ and just catching up with everybody and thanks to Pei Ling and Eunice who initiated the meet-up, and though everybody is busy with life, we still made an effort to meet up. Thank God for all the good memories together, and just re-living them was a great thing, and recalling those old times really made me realize that all of us have come a long way from when we first met. But the thing which brought us together was the bond we had with each other last time, and it really shows that such bonds are not easily broken even though we were apart for such a long time. Thank God for you sisters!

My next gathering was with my ex-bunk mates from Tekong. It was simply great just knowing that everyone is surviving in their respective places and work. For half a day, we just sat down, reminiscing the times back on that little island. Running through all the weird and funny things which we all did together, and after going through it all, it was a time which we all had a lot of fun even though we did not know it then. Listening to all the different stories from everyone was great, and I'm really glad that we met up to just while the time away with good buddies and good conversation. It's just something which you can never get by just staying at home the whole day, and it is such company which makes the gathering worth-while.

~moey out~