Saturday, February 27, 2010

Intangible tangents



Remember this device with loads of buttons, of which you only dared touch the lower half of it, while trying to avoid touching the other buttons with weird symbols, as though trying to avoid getting some horrible germ infection? Well, I had to dig this old piece of apparatus out of the dusty old drawer in my room. The last time I touched this was back in school during the Horticultural engineering classes which I simply loathed. I guess I have to face my arch nemesis once again: math.

Now I'm not saying that I'm totally a useless bum at doing math, but let's just say it takes me slightly longer to process mathematical formulae which I come across. And the latter will be crossing paths with me once again in camp, IN CAMP! Hahahaha, I mean, how weird is it to be using a calculator and your math skills in camp? Apparently I have to since I have to do a lot of calculations to find out wind speeds, quadrants, angles and trajectories etc. We have yet to touch on topic though, so I guess it's a way to revise and brush up my math skills once again since I have not done any for such a long time. No doubt it will be difficult, but it should be something new and interesting, and if all else fails, at least I can be comforted by the fact that Hua Hng(World Farm) is just a fence away from my camp, now who wouldn't want that?? =D

~moey out~