Saturday, February 06, 2010

Gastronomical wonders

I always love to watch cooking shows when I am consuming a meal. Don't you all? I feel that it really whets the appetite before/during/after the meal, especially if the cook knows his/her stuff and occasionally injects humour in as well. Friends ask me why I love such shows, but I just can't put my finger on it to answer them directly, because it just feels so right to me to watch someone else cooking when I'm eating. Even though the food in the black box looks much more appetizing, it kind of 'adds' flavour to the food I'm currently eating.

Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson, just to name a few, have great cooking shows, and I just love to watch them cook up a storm. Thinking of it, both of them have English accents, so I probably enjoy watching English people cook? Hahahahaha. Sadly, even though I watch so many of such shows, I cannot cook for nuts, and even if I know most of the names of herbs and such, I still cannot cook a proper meal, but hey, watching and learning is step number one.

Of course, enjoying a good meal is also something which most people enjoy. I for one, am still sitting on the fence because to me, good food is good food, if it's affordable, it tastes that much better. Lavishing in pricey meals once in a while is difenitely good for the body, but if I were to eat at restaurants everyday, I'll probably be washing up the plates and dishes after my meal. =/

On a totally separate topic, it's coming to the end of my course already?! One more week to go and it'll be over. This batch really flew by SO fast, much faster compared to last batch, probably because doing it over again seems easier? One more week to go crazy in camp before moving on and going our separate ways. =( But that's what Facebook and MSN are for right? =)

~moey out~